Saturday, January 12, 2019

Dr Max on Climate Change

Hi there Dr. Max here,

 It has been a Long time since I wrote this blog. I need Mama to help me hit the keys cause my paws are too big and she has been neglecting my work.  That’s right she just blew me off and I know you can relate. This difference between species does become problematic when your human thinks they have to do other things rather than pay attention to your needs.  
I am writing this blog in order to address a crisis that needs our absolute attention because we animals are dependent on humans. 


Climate Change (global warming)
This has been a disaster for any animal that has to be outside and it has impacted indoor ones as well but for different reasons.
In the summer, I cannot breathe in hot weather because of my short snout and this summer was brutal plus all that dang rain. I hate the rain because it gets my beautiful coat all wet and my feet get muddy. In the hot weather, the ground becomes too hot and I get very lethargic because of the poor air quality.  I spend most of my time bored in air conditioning and I am one of the lucky ones.
Because of hurricanes, many animals were displaced so the Humane Society and other shelters were overrun with animals. Please donate money to them because they need to increase their staff and supplies. Due to fires in California, there were many animals that were injured and were also displaced. Again, the Humane Society and local shelters stepped in to rescue the horses, deer, dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, reptiles and whatever creatures were stranded.
Blizzards have hit hard and animals have been stranded and also left outdoors by uncaring humans. We do depend on humans and that is very sad because you can be so cruel and so dense when it comes to caring for the planet that we all share.  You have overbuilt with your shopping malls and houses so that deer, bears, and coyotes have no place to go so they end up encroaching on human land and then get shot.  Guess what?  That land was theirs first. 

My buddies and I are asking you to please stop destroying the planet. We are helpless to do anything but watch you selfishly utilize products that harm all of us. I was just reading that planes and trucks contribute to most of the air pollution so that has to be addressed.  Please be diligent in changing your bad habits and help us all to live a quality life.


Dr Max, dogcologist


Animal Alliance of NYC
http://www.animalalliancenyc.org/initiatives/crisis/index.htm
Humane Society 
https://secure.humanesociety.org/site/SPageS

ASPCA
https://secure.aspca.org/donate/ps-gn-p2?ms


About Me:
Profile:  Dr. Max is an 11-year-old Shih Tzu living in Riverdale, NYC.


Qualifications:
Ph.Do., PUNY (Pooch University of NY)
MA in Psychology, Mutger's University, NJ
BS, Poundstone College, NJ.






No comments:

Post a Comment