Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dr. Max. I'm here to help.


My name is Dr. Max.  I have a Ph.do. in dogcology from PUNY (Pooch University of New York).  I have a Maxter's from Mutger's University in New Jersey and a B.S. from Poundston, NJ. 

My mission is to open communication between humans and dogs.  If I can I would also like to help
other species such as cats, birds, and fish. Notsomuch reptiles and rodents.  They are on their own.  

I will try to answer your questions to my utmost ability but also to post information from articles, books and television shows so that I have up to date and pertinent information for you.


   
      I am five years old and was adopted when I was 2 1/2.  I live in Skyview in the Bronx.  It is a great place for a dog to live but there have been problems.  This is typical in any neighborhood but personally I would like a safe environment for all dogs.

The following are some questions that have come in:
     How often should you bathe a dog?
     In my opinion never but humans say once a month.  If you bathe us more than we get dry skin.  If you bathe us less than we get all matted and it hurts.  I should add that my human/Mama wipes me down every time we come home.  She makes sure to wipe my paws and private parts.  I don't like it but it does feel better.  

     How often should you walk a dog?
     Whenever the dog wants to go out but humans say three or four times a day.  Personally I am sick of four times a day so I am trying to cut Mama back to three.

     How do you get your human to walk where you want to go and not their way?
     Well what works for me is placing my paws in a 10 to 2 position just like the ballet dancer's first position.  After your human tugs for a while and can't move you then they probably will give up and go your way.

You can post questions and comments by clicking on the right hand side in blue ink "Dr. Max I'm here to help" or you can email me at:   maxdow123@gmail.com  and I'll post for you.  


Look for my web site: http://drmaxdow.com      
 ebook coming soon.





                                                          This is me on my bed outside.





  © Dr. Max/Ita Dowler all rights reserved July 8, 2012





4 comments:

  1. Hi Dr. Max,
    My name is Murphy. I would like to know how I can get treats? What do I have to do to get some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Murphy,
      You know what to do because you watched me at my house. You have to do tricks for the humans. It is annoying but it is supposed to engage us and keep us sharp. We are supposed to be enjoying this but if you ask me it is the humans enjoying themselves. Nevertheless, try sitting and smiling. Humans like that. If you can remember to raise your paw when they say "paw"
      you will get a treat for sure. You did pretty good at my house.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dr. Max,
    It's Boris. What do you do when your Mama picks out a red coat for you and you hate it. I like to wear green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Boris,
      I would start rolling on the ground when your Mama comes near you with the red coat. Just wiggle and roll. She will get so
      annoyed she will give up. Then you can look at the green one
      and bark. That might work.

      Delete